Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Trap Doors

In my life I've discovered that when you're on your way to a goal, on your way to happiness open doors are often trap doors in disguise.  

So I'm well on my way in my plan to build GFM.   It's coming along nicely.  There's still a lot of work to be done.  But I'm working my way through this project at a considered pace.  But just like when you're in a relationship, happy and calm, then comes the date requests that never used to come.

In the exact same way as I'm working on this project two offers come out of the blue: my sister offers me to write a movie, tempting me with that Hollywood siren song, and a potential job offer that I turned down long ago arises.

But I get the distinct feeling that both of these are red herrings.  Perhaps they aren't . Perhaps this job offer is necessary and a good thing.  But in my experience when things are going according to plan the best distractions and detours are dressed up in the nicest clothes and the longer you drive toward your goals the better the distractions look.

The key is to ignore them and to keep your eyes on the prize.  No distractions.  No looking around.  Just stay focused and do your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment