Friday, February 27, 2015

Android


It took two days (TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!) to get Android to work.  Two days.  That was crazy.  I mean just a basic Hello World took two full days.  I had to uninstall, reinstall, look into config files, just a bunch of stuff.  But finally it worked.  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!  I'm elated but now comes the part where it gets real.  I finally get to get into the code.  Finally!!!!!!

So I figured my plan to take it to the next level.  I'll get a job and then keep making apps on my own time.  Then after I get a certain number of them out I'll work on pushing them to the next level.  Promoting them and learning how to build a fanbase for an app as opposed to just putting it out there and leaving it out there (which is what I suspect other people do).  

But the elation I feel at finally having gotten past this point with Android is awesome.  Now I have to take it to the next level.  I'm so excited though.  Because now I have two skills that I do pretty well.  Now I have to put my energy into taking it up another couple notches.  

I'll tell the truth.  I feel more powerful due to the work I've done.  I just feel more powerful.  Stronger.  Better.   Much better.  I feel like I just earned a big stripe.  

I can program.  That's no doubt.  But developing for both the Apple and Android groups, it's such a huge advantage.  I feel like I've just taken a very big very powerful step.  I feel like these days every step I take I'm getting stronger.  

I'm just getting stronger.  I've made some mistakes in my life but I've made some right very strong strategic choices and I know one day soon I'll look back and say, man, I've made a right choice here.  This was the right choice.  Focusing on actually know how to build things, not saving money and outsourcing it, but actually building something and understanding how things are built.  This was very important.  

I get through this class, put this carMath project out there with Ryan.  See where that goes and build carMath for Android.  Put both of those out there and use carMath on Android as a teeth cutting tool. 

Then build out the WatchPoint app and build out the WatchPoint for Android.  Then build out the website and learn AWS.   Then build that all on AWS.  This is a year of building.  Building.  Building.  

This is a building year.  This is about building and learning how to build and perfecting the build.  That's what this is about.

Damon John said, "First you make it, then you master it, then you matter."  I'm in the mastering it phase.  I'm building things and building the skill set around it to master it.  This is a very good thing.

I know I am on a path where one day it's going to be a factory where we're able to grow at a tremendous rate and I'm able to do a lot of good.  But I want to create products that I'm inspired by and that inspire others.  But I want to build great products.  Great big powerful companies with great products.

No comments:

Post a Comment