Thursday, September 27, 2012

Today, Reading, and Stress

Today was exhausting.  I worked on bug fixes for the application that I built (using Access) all day.  Then an Excel report broke and I have to fix that first thing tomorrow morning.  

Tonight I'm going to forgo reading Expert PHP.  I'm simply too tired.  But I'm not too tired to do anything, I'm just too tired to do that.  I don't know what you call it but just a bit mentally drained.  Tomorrow I hope will be better.  Maybe tomorrow I can do some PHP reading.  Maybe ten pages or so.

But strangely enough I feel very balanced these days.  I don't feel off kilter at all.  It's actually not strange.  I've started doing tai chi on a regular basis and I'm very excited by it.  It works really well for me.  

I feel more in tune, more balanced, and just generally better.   Tai chi is wonderful.  

As for PHP I'm feeling pretty good about it.  I finished up to page 270 and I'm skipping up to page 370 because I don't feel the need to read two chapters right now.  I feel that they're not of much use to me right now.  So I'm skipping them.  But I still have about 140 pages to go before page 500 and 200 pages to go before I'm done with this book.  I'm shooting to be done with it by next Sunday, October 16.  :D

Then it's onto setting up my server and getting it really online.  Then setting up a RESTful service.   Then building the iPhone app into that.  :D  :-| :-/  I'm happy, nervous, and everything else in between because I want to get it done right.  So much to think about in context of this. 

So what's on deck.

1.  Finish PHP Book.

2.  Get Linux Server out to the world.

3.  Build Restful web service.

4.  Build the rest of the iPhone App.

5.  Read jQuery book.

6.  Read GIMP book (quick primer)

7.  Redesign Front end of GFM.

8.  Read CSS/Web Programming Book

9.  Redesign JQuery code.

10.  Redesign PHP Code on the backend to be OO.

11.  Implement APC.

12.  Implement Memcache.

13.  Implement Perl scripts for broadcasting assignments.

14.  Optimize the server using Apache.

15.  Test the application.

16.  Build Flying Fifty Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment