Monday, March 11, 2013

The Unfortunate Unstoppable Trend

This blog entry is based on a reading of this article:  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/nyregion/john-sexton-is-tested-by-nyu-faculty.html?pagewanted=2

This administrator (read management) discounts the advise of his employees.  Though his employees are the most educated members of society it doesn't matter.  In a global society workers of any stripe far outnumber employers.  Therefore employers feel free to discount and discard workers.  If this is the case for the most educated members of our society then how true is it for everyone else.

There is no choice.  These days one must become an owner.  Everyone is a free agent and free agents eventually must build a product, an enterprise, or some independent means of providing for oneself or risk being discarded if their skills ever become obsolete.  The 'us' in our global society has been discarded.  There is simply a 'you' and 'I'.  Maybe an 'us' exists in marriage but even that institution is deteriorating.  

I can only see one choice.  Create.  Develop.  Build.  Sell.  Then you can be free.  

In my case perhaps with humility and God's blessing I can create something lasting.  The era of the benevolent king is upon us.  Elon, Bill, Steve.  These men can provide lifelong employment provided people perform but only those of us who constantly push for innovation, new products, improvements can truly provide stability for employees.  

Create and innovate or die.  Or hope that you find a benevolent king.  Other than that you're on your own.  

To my soul finding a benefactor, a patriarch, is just unacceptable to my soul.  Just unacceptable.  I can not simply attach myself as a vassal to another man unless the man is extremely worthy.  Otherwise I simply can not.  I will simply have to forge my own path.  I will build my own team, forge my own path, and if the day comes where I can pledge my allegiance to another then I will.  Otherwise I will have to reign alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment