Thursday, October 17, 2013

Out of Balance

I'm odd.  Because I can't be in balance.  I'm sort of in balance.  But I can't be totally in balance.  That means I can't lift weights (mainly because I don't want to) and be a crackerjack programmer.  Because that's all I want to be, an awesome gobstoppingly good amazing programmer ... and maybe an amazing engineer.

Who knows?  Maybe one day I can build a series of Hyperloops across America.  Or geothermal power plants ... or other awesome stuff.  But I can't do any of those things being balanced.  Being balanced means you have to be mediocre at a lot of things.  I just want to do enough exercise to keep my mood up.  But no more really than that.  And nothing that takes a lot of time.  Tonight I could've programmed a Perl script but I didn't because I told myself I would work out.  Now I haven't worked out nor I have programmed.  Loss day.  Sucks.  I could've been well ahead of the game today.  Instead I'm sitting here typing about being ahead of the game.  Not cool.

I want to finish this iPhone app.  V1.  Get it out.  And then build the website.

Get the site all gussied up and then bring it to this VC I know and beta it out.  Maybe add some more functionality into it (probably as it will allow me to get familiar with pushing changes), and then demo day it and beta it out.  But first I have to get this PERL script done.  Balance is not all it's cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment