Thursday, August 2, 2012

Self Actualization

The other day I was sitting thinking about my first business goal, a real tangible goal to increase my personal net worth.  The goal I came up with was to start a company that made me personally 100.00 dollars a day in profit straight to me, essentially giving myself a $36,000 / yr. raise.  It's my first real monetary goal using the capitalist system the way I believe it should be used: to provide goods and services, not to trade financial instruments (not to criticize others).


Nonetheless, I had some thoughts about doing other things but I quickly decided against those.  The reason: I wanted to self-actualize.  


That was a huge thought for me, namely, that this path that I'm on, the technology path, is truly a path to self-actualization.  That means that I can't get off it for any reason.  This is the path that I must walk.  It's not an option but the only option.


The plan is simple:

  • Keep working at the SCA and by March have a site up and running and open to the public that is generating 3,000 US per month after costs back to me.  
  • Manage the server, manage the site, and drive the business. 
  • Maintain that site up and start another one.
That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment