Thursday, August 2, 2012

Twenty Two Days to Rebalance

Twenty-two days ago I was a bit burned out.  Instead of taking seven days to relax and just read a novel or do something that I'd enjoy, maybe pick up a new short term skill or something (learn how to make a killer chili?) I decided to embark on something new.  I spoke with my sister and started writing.  It took me twenty-two days to make that happen.  Now I'm done with those tasks and I've learned a valuable lesson.  The next time I'm tired instead of starting something new I'm going to a bookstore, I'll pick up a book and read it.  By the time I'm done my batteries will be recharged and I can get back to work.  Instead of breathing life into something new I'll just take the time to relax.

Relax.  Not start a new project.  Hard lesson but the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment