Monday, December 31, 2018

A Bit Depressed and Respect

These days I am a bit depressed.

I am not respected in the comedy scene.  That's not entirely true.  But not by people who haven't seen me on stage (which since I'm not getting tons of stage time is alot).  But people who've seen me know that I'm good.  They actually know that I'm really good.

I'm really concerned about getting respect from people who don't even bother to see me before they disrespect which is crazy.  


But I can still feel the disrespect.  

I think the worst thing about how I feel right now is that I expected to get into New York Comedy Club.  I really expected it.  I worked really hard.  I did everything I was supposed to.  I generally was a good guy.  I really was.  But there is some ugly rumor out there about me that is kind of crushing my dreams and nobody will let me know what it is.  And I know it's hurting me.  And I know it stole NYCC's late nights from me.  And it hurts.  Because it shouldn't have.

I guess this is the most hurtful thing.  Because I thought I earned it.

But I don't think that's a great reason to be sad.  

Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy both came through the Comic Strip.  I think the best thing I can do is work really hard and get passed there.  It's a good club and I have friends there.  And it's not as clique-y.  And I'm friends with people there.  And it's got a great pedigree.  And it's in my neighborhood.  Which is pretty great.  And they don't have Roast Battles.  

I think I can do well there.

So I'll focus on that.  

Also there is some good news!  I'm (we're) almost done with our TV pilot. PB&J Comedy.  So that's huge. It makes me laugh alot so that's good.  (:D !!!!)  I think it's really great!   

What else?  I'm working on this ECS website and I think it's finally really coming together.  I really think it is.  That just might get me into the Lantern for a couple of nights a week.  Which would be good.  I'd be happy with 2-3 nights a week.  That'd be dope.

Maybe one night a week on Allan's show.  That'd be cool too.  But we'll see.

So to summarize:

TV Pilot
Everycomedyshow.com (coming soon)
The Comic Strip (hopefully)

All by the end of January/February.  Not too shabby.  Not at all.  Just keep working.

I want that new time about my childhood soon.  I have to start working on it.  After this site is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment