Monday, December 31, 2018

Next Moves

This post is exploratory.  Originally I named it comedy and technology.  But even I am not sure where it is going right now.

Here's my current situation.  

I now have 13 minutes of tight comedy.  I have two more minutes I think are tight and two minutes I have to develop.  That basically gives me 17 minutes of jokes.  Maybe 18.  That's a lot.  

To be honest I didn't realize I had that kind of time until the other day when I ran some old jokes I wrote and they worked like hell.  :D  Now I'm in a place where I've progressed faster than I expected.


So what do I do next?

First, I think it's time to re-audition at Broadway Comedy Club.  Doing that will give me two things:  

1.  Regular spots -- I need some regular spots where I can perfect this material in front of real audiences from all across America.

2.  Exposure -- It's time to get out there a bit and just put myself out there and let people see my work.

3.  Respect -- I'm always very big on this and this should result in more shows.

Second, mics.  Keep doing mics.  

Right now it is late March.  Let's just say April.  By the end of April I should have a solid 17-20 minutes of jokes.

That gives me 7 more months to develop new material.    If I develop a tight five minutes every 3 months (reasonable)

No comments:

Post a Comment