Monday, December 31, 2018

Comedy and Continuous Learning

Not a very inspiring title right now.  But here's where we are.

As far as comedy goes I have to come up with some new jokes:

Set jokes:

Set up - 40 sec.  - 3 too long
Starter - 3 Joke
Disposable Income - 1 Joke
Detroit/Germany ...
  -- Detroit Joke -- 1 Joke/ Harmonica Meth Joke - 2 (Test this tonight.  Try to combine it)
  -- Germany Joke - 3
Sanford and Son - 2 Joke
L. Ron Hubbard - 3 Joke (We'll see - Only a One check joke)

In order to do this correctly I'll have to kick up the Disposable Income Joke and the Detroit Joke.  That'll get this set to completion.

Continuous Learning:

This is my real dilemma.

I have this thing I do where I take a long time to do things.  For instance, right now I have enough to actually work through some Equilend specific projects but I want to finish this Intro to ML and complete the task.  I also want to complete the Coursera course that allows me to learn about the math behind ML.   So this is my ideal path of learning.

  • Finish Intro to ML
  • Coursera: Math behind ML
  • FB - PyTorch
  • Deep Learning (Udacity)
However, to do this it would be the middle of next year (June) before I actually get to do something and create some work product.

Reasonably I could do this:

  • Finish Intro to ML
  • Put together Trade Probability Project ($$$)
  • Put together Rejected Trades Project ($$$)
  • Put together Tiered Trade Project ($$$)
  • Coursera: Math behind ML 
  • Deep Learning (Udacity) 
Looking at it in this way this seems to be the more sensible path and so this is what I'll do.

Ok.  Sounds good.  

So today's play is:

  1. Rewrite Jokes
  2. Work through Text Learning 

No comments:

Post a Comment