Tuesday, March 13, 2012

These Days

So what's going on these days.  Well, I've been working on reading this iPhone text. And I'm glad I have.  I'm actually on my second text book. One book wasn't enough. I had to know how to write in Objective-C first and then to write in the iPhone framework. It'll be useful I'm sure.  If I'm going to build a firm with a deep technical expertise then I must start with myself. I am eager to finish this book, read the next one (just a few chapters) and read the next one that cropped up. This book says nothing about dealing with data or databases. Imagine that. To me it's useless if I have no client server communication and no information about push notification.  

Anyway, so I bought another book for that. Bummer.  But I do have a plan.  

1.  Read these last two books.  (Should be done by the end of next week) -- DONE

2.  Finish the web based UI completely.  (Should be done by the end of March) -- WORKING         ON IT NOW.

3.  Migrate the files over to my Linux machine in total.  (Should be done in one day, just the migration)

4.  Install a wireless card on my Linux machine.  (Might have to reach out to someone to do that)


-- I've also got a book to read now about the iPhone Core API.

5.  Get the local machine talking to my other machines in my apartment.  (Two days, maybe three ... depending on the wireless card)

6.  Get the configuration files correct.  (Two days maybe three ... we're talking about the first week in April now)

7.  Write the iPhone App and test it.  (Two to three weeks ... let's push for two)

8.  Write the algorithms that tie everything together and run the credit card transactions, etc.  (Two weeks).

9.  Hardening the server (two weeks ... I'll ask someone at a Hackathon).

I've got a lot of work to do but after I get those things done I should be able to move forward into testing after getting this code migrated to a dev server.

Wow.  Lots to do.  The Apache part is the biggest possible problem that I see. I'll have to be careful that I don't waste alot of time doing that.

After all this work I'll have to work on hardening the entire system.  I've got some books on hacking.  I'll have to use them.


No comments:

Post a Comment