Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Challenge

Today I woke up at 6:00 am and immediately started working on GFM.  Unfortunately (and fortunately) for me a friend called, said she wanted to come by and we spent some time together.  Unfortunately that time included gin and now it's four o'clock.  I so want to get up and just write off the day.  But the gin wore off two hours ago.  I started my day ultra-motivated but now I am having to force myself to focus when I started off like a laser.  

Thus the title of this blog post, The Challenge.  It is easy to simply give up and stop programming and go find something else to do.  But that'd hurt me in two ways: I'd lose momentum and I'd lose some self-confidence.  Confidence in yourself just like confidence in anyone else must be earned.  I know I'll regret it come Monday when I forced to work on some beat ass project that I let this weekend flit away.


Today I simply want to get two things done:  

1.  JSON Validation on the Server Side


2.  JSON-based notification on the client side with highlighting of fields that need work.


3.  JSON DB Upload (SQL)


4.  AJAX confirmation that the phone number is not in the DB before it submits.


That's what I want to get done.  Okay.  Maybe it's four things.


Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment