Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sticktoitivness

Yesterday I realized that playing music and writing books would make me happier in the short term.  But I have started a project with GFM.  I have other projects that I'd like to start, websites I'd like to run, services I'd like to provide and not doing them would be a real blow to my own self-esteem, to my own sense of self worth.  While sometimes when I'm working on a technical task I'd rather do something that is pure fun (programming is fun but I'm in that learning/growing stage which usually isn't the most fun ... the most fun for me is the mastery stage where you can do whatever you want in a medium at will) I know that this would be a huge mistake.

I'll be losing out on all the wonderful things that I could be doing.  Keep going.  That is a mantra to live by.  See it through.  That is another mantra.  So rather than put things to the side today I am going to press on.  

Today I am going to do a couple of things:

1.  Build JSON validation tool in PHP.

2.  Build SQL Insert statements in PHP.

3.  Place Session object onto client.

4.  Put logic in place for error data.
     a.  Send back the name of the error fields in a string format
     b.  Build a pop string algorithm in JQuery that sends back an array of values
     c.  Build functionality that changes the border color to red for any values that didn't pass the test.

5.   Put positive logic in place that sends back a no error message field and moves along.


Tomorrow:


1.  Build out the initial layout for button two.

2.  Watch three Linux videos.


3.  Read Linux book, Apache book, and Sendmail book.


3.  Watch three Linux videos.


WEEKEND UPDATE



So here's what I got done this weekend.  75% of number one.  It took a lot more time than I expected due to the following:

1.  Having to build a separate script (reappropriated from JQuery code).


2.  Having to look into JSON technical issues.


3.  Having to build a "stringify" function which basically allows a JSON object to be turned into strings before being sent to PHP.  It's very important to do this.


Tomorrow

What I plan to do tomorrow is:

1.  Finish the JSON validation.

2.  Modify DB Tables Accordingly


3.  Build SQL Insert Statements

Tuesday

1.  Build Throwback validation data 


2. Place a session object onto the table.


3.  Build functionality that changes the border color to red for any values that didn't pass the test.

4. Put positive logic in place that sends back a no error message field and moves along.

No comments:

Post a Comment