Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Past and the Path

So it's the 4th of July.  What should I do?  Well everybody else is at a bar drinking so I should probably go do that, right?  I don't think so.  Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. 

A large part of my personal history has been laden with drinking and partying.  They are not bad in and of themselves but too much and my balance, my inner balance, could be messed up.  I've had problems with balance before.  My balance is just returning.  I want it to stay good.  So I'm going to hold off on the drinking and partying and stay with sobriety for this weekend and probably two more weekends.  

It's not because I have a problem with drinking but rather because I want to make sure that I am doing all things in moderation.  I have to be careful with drinking as it may mess me up over the long term.  It messed up my dad and his mother.  I must take care with such things.  That path led to some darkness before.  I don't want to take it again. 

Now, what I want to do is to put together three more iPhone forms tonight and another three tomorrow.  That may be asking too much but I think it's somewhat reasonable so that's what I'm going to aim for.  Tomorrow in the morning I may go see Ted.  It looks good.  Or I may go buy a Boxwood plant. That sounds good too.  Okay.  

Maybe no Ted.  I need to conserve my resources for now.  Okay.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment