Monday, July 2, 2012

Threshold

I am in a very critical transition period.  I am at a threshold that I must cross successfully to have the life that I want.  I really don't want to write this post but it's necessary.  I don't want to write it because it's a bit scary. 

Right now I am in a job where I make enough money that I can seriously save money.  I can also make serious progress toward the life that I want to live.  There are some things that I need this job to accomplish and things I want to accomplish before I leave this job.

1.  Have a Masters Degree in Statistics.

2.  Have three web-based businesses that are generating upward of 50K per month while I still keep my job.

3.  Have iOS/Android and serious scalable professional web programming skills.

4.  Have a fully furnished apartment.

5.  Have a writing project with Tika moving into production.*

*This is more for Tika than me but I feel it's part of my path.  Somehow it's intricately related to who I am and what I'll be doing in life.  Uncertainty.  Ech.  Don't like it.  Not exactly sure where this fits in.  Stay tuned.

This is a challenge for me but an opportunity to learn because I need to build and maintain a set of relationships for a period of three years. 

J (my bosses boss) I have a reasonable relationship with.
B (my boss) I have a reasonable relationship with.  She doesn't see me as a threat and sees me as an anomoly.  This I don't care about because it shouldn't really affect my job security. 
S -- my co-worker hates me.  I don't really care for her either.  I'll have to manage this relationship. 
M -- he's my co-worker.  We don't really care for each other either but he's leaving soon so I won't have to manage that relationship for much longer.  Nice.
E -- a girl I went on a date with.  It didn't go well.  That's another story.  I just have to gingerly handle that relationship.  But it shouldn't cause much of a problem as she's relatively easy going and civil.
N -- I think this relationship is passable. Honne - we don't really care for each other.  Tantame - we're civil and do the office smile.

I think this situation is completely managable.  I just want to be careful with it. 

It's very important. 

Very important.  But it's all in God's hands.  I just don't want to fumble the ball.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment