Monday, December 24, 2012

AWS, Memcache, and iPage

First, note to self.  I stopped watching this video at 20 minutes.  I'll have to come back to it eventually but not right now.

AWS Overview

So a couple of things.  

So I asked the guys at iPage if they supported Memcache and Gearman.  They said no.  Then I looked at AWS.  It's expensive.  15 bucks per month per server.  Right now I'm paying 2 dollars a month.  That's actually freed me up to do somethings.

First,  I should be done with alot of my projects faster because I'm not going to actually use AWS and therefore GM and MC until I actually need them.  That allows me to build my programs in a rapid OO fashion and roll out projects alot faster.

So I should be done with all three of my projects by January of next year.  I should have betas online and actually start generating some revenues.  Then I can move along with AWS when I'm confident that I'm actually getting some hits and things are working out.  This is a good system as it will allow me to move more rapidly.

It also speeds up the learning curve.  Exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment