Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Chapter

I can't help but think that my life is starting a new chapter.

To be sure I am at a precarious time.  My job is teetering a bit.  (I have to develop a reputation for being as church mouse quiet here.  I am working on it.)  Therefore I need to be careful at this particular point, specifically over the next thirty days and definitely over the next 90.  Then I can think farther out.

But as for the new chapter.  I can't help but think that my life is starting a new chapter.  Yesterday I installed the hard drives into both of my servers, networked them, and did some other stuff.  And while they're not completely finished yet it marked a significant turning point in my life.  It is the actual physical embodiment of my dream, my planning, coming to fruition.

Today I walked outside and instead of being worried and looking at the buildings as walls, I looked up and saw penthouses.  I found myself looking at the tops of the buildings as opposed to looking elsewhere.  I found myself with a new sense of purpose, a determination, a clear and compelling vision for my life that I am eager to fulfill.  It is truly exciting.

While I truly do not care for my bosses boss (she just walked past me and makes it plain that she does not care for me) that is fine.  She is an obstacle in my path.  I must simply steer clear of her and remain focused.

I feel that for a long time I have been searching for a true North.  All of my life I have wanted to build something, to be a builder.  And now I see that in this life my path is just beginning. 

I feel stronger and more focused.  I am a man with a goal.  I am a man with a plan that is making significant progress on that plan.  Quick.  Quick.  I have big goals and only 55 years in which I can achieve them!

No comments:

Post a Comment