Thursday, December 20, 2012

Focus and Freedom and Networking

So I thought I'd be able to quickly network my computers and be on my way to cutting code, the thing I really enjoy doing.  But alas, no such luck.  

Networking these Linux boxes is not so quick and no easy task ... because I've never networked a computer before.   (Those guys from Google made it look so easy!)  So I'm faced with a dilemma.  Stop or keep going.  

I am only a few short steps away from getting to the place I want to and need to be.  Cutting code.  But I can't cut code until I get these computers to talk to each other.  So what do I do?

I keep going.  Why?  Because every step I take is one step closer to freedom.  I want to be free.  I need to be free.  Lincoln freed the slaves.  But he didn't free the workers.  And in order for a worker to be free I estimate that at my current cost of living it'll cost me 1 million dollars.

One million dollars.  

In order to get there I need to have some type of business selling things for me while I'm working.  It has to be earning money for me while I'm sitting at work doing stuff.  I need to make my knowledge work for me and turn that knowledge into capital.  In order to do that I have to network these computers.

I'm tired of getting up and going to work in the morning for someone else.  I want to get up, have my employees come to my apartment or to my building and work in the morning.  I want my own shop and I want enough money to say screw it.  I want my freedom.  In order to get my freedom I need to focus.  

Sure I could start a blog and write about other stuff.  But I won't.  Focus.  Intensity beats expansiveness every time.  I have to get there.  I must.  So I'll go smoke a stog. I know.  It's terrible.  Watch a bit of Hajime no Ippo and start reading.

The goal tonight:  read 20 pages and understand 20 pages about networking and by the end of next week start cutting code.  I must get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment