Sunday, December 23, 2012

Blogging and the Comeback aka Work Plan Part 1

Yesterday I discovered web hosting.  And just like that all of my dreams returned to me.  

I temporarily left the path that I had designed for myself.  I left the path of technology and building a real set of companies and started toward the path of individual self fulfillment.  I hit a brick wall of networking technology and just couldn't do it.  I didn't have the energy.  I needed to get away.  

The reason wasn't that I was too tired to learn more.  It was just that I was tired of learning.  At some point you don't want to learn something new, you want to use the knowledge that you've all ready acquired.  Programming was that knowledge.  

Then yesterday I was tooling around online and they shut both my Twitter accounts to promote my blog.  Well, then I started tooling around looking at other blogs and YouTube showed me something about web hosting.  I watched a couple videos and an hour later I had a host online.  The lights came back on in my dreams and I knew I was back.  I feel so empowered by this.  

So the goals:

1.  Migrate the MySQL creation script over to my hosted site.
12/23/2012: Done.  Sweet.

2.  Change the DB info in the PHP Scripts.
12/26/2012: Done.  Sweet.
3.  Migrate the PHP scripts.
12/26/2012: Done.  Sweet.

4.  Make sure the PHP file directory is locked.
12/26/2012: Done.  Sweet.

5.  Create a subdomain (test.go-for-me.com)
12/26/2012: Done.  Sweet.

6.  Password protect test.go-for-me.com
12/26/3012: Done.  Sweet.

7.  Test that the site is visible.
12/26/2012: Done.  Sweet.

8.  Do a little security stuff (make a list).

9. Set up a CGI script.
-- Things to do about this:
a.  Add database piece
-- 12/26/2012: Done.  Sweet.

b.  Add JSON piece.
-- 12/27/2012: Done.  Cool.

10. Make sure script is visible from iPhone app.
-- 12/28/2012 (2:13 am):  Done.  Awesome.

11.  Continue developing iPhone app for GFM.
See Blogpost: Work Plan Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment