Monday, June 11, 2012

Bill Gates was Right ... Focus

Today I was faced with a bunch of options.  I could go hiking this weekend, go work on a political campaign, or work on programming my iPhone app.  I decided to work on programming my iPhone app (part of GoForMe.com).  The calculus is very simple.  

Starting a new life in politics would surely doom me to be a peon.  Going hiking is fun and I enjoy it.  But working on my GFM app would allow me to become a real success at something.  I'm convinced that with this skill set that I am starting to truly master I can become a considered man.  I can not afford to lose focus.  Not even for a moment now.

When I finished that book about Professional iPhone and iPad Core Data programming I crossed a threshold.  The only thing that makes sense to do right now is to move forward and to continue the momentum in order to master my craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment