Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Inspired on the Train ... Uninspired At Work

Today on the train on the way to work I felt nervous and excited ... almost unusually so.  Today I am going to begin iPhone programming, building my GFM iPhone App.  It's crazy because it's been a long time and 1,000 pages of reading in the making.  But now I am ready to go.  Yet I'm nervous.  It's a totally new thing and it's exciting.  But I'm nervous to be starting something new and yet so powerful. 

Then I get to work and the work is so everyday, so humdrum.  It pays well but it is bor-ing.  It puts the bore in boring.  Yet it pays and it pays well so I'll just get to work, endure it, finish my bread and (unsalted) butter tasks for the day and then get home and let the intellectual challenge and fulfillment begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment