Monday, November 21, 2011

Eagerness

I've got so much eagerness to move onto GFM that it's crazy.  I really just want to get on with this next project.  It will take a different form of focus but it will be really cool to be increasing my technical skills in a variety of areas and doing a lot of planning and programming.  I feel like my apartment is going to become this little (medium sized :D) technical laboratory.  I'm just really eager to work extensively with Javascript, Perl, PHP, Apache, Linux, Gimp, Git (perhaps ... there are online tutorials now), and MySQL, maybe some Bash, and AWK, iPhone development, and Android development. 

My skill set will increase dramatically.  But more so I look forward to launching something that everyone can use.  And I want to start sending my book out to publishers.  I have to read that book about sending stuff out to publishers.  I think I'll do that and the project synopsis my little sister requested (BB20) in the New Year.  I'll read a book or two about getting published in the first two weeks of the New Year as well.   

I don't think I could bear it to put off starting work on GFM while tying up some loose ends.  I'm so eager to start.  But this post helps relieve some of the pressure. 

It's kind of funny.  These projects really are fulfilling a fundamental need in my life.  I normally would be fretting about a companion, children, and that sort of thing.  But I've got something now.  I think a man gets a companion honestly when he needs one, not when he wants one but when it's a requirement.  

The Bible says Pro 19:14 You may inherit all you own from your parents, but a sensible wife is a gift from the LORD.

I think God often gives us what we need and not what we want often because what we want may very well get in the way of what we need.  I think what will happen with me is that I'll get so into my projects, my work, technological and humanitarian creativity, working with both, combining them in all sorts of combinations, that I'll look up one day and I'll be in a deep committed relationship because that's what I need.  God will give me what I need when I need it and I find a certain abiding peace in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment