Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Introduction to Me

I was about to say, wow this font is beautiful.  But then I saw it was on Times.  Now that I'm on Helvetica I can say "Wow, this font is beautiful."  Actually this whole page is beautiful.  Go Google.  So anyway, no one really should be reading this blog because I don't plan to advertise it or promote it in any real way. It's just here to say what I want to say and to basically be done with it.  Some stuff I don't like saying on Facebook because it's directly linked back to me.  But here, with no one knowing my name, like the anti-Cheers I can say what I want to say.  

So now that I've said all that I have no idea what I want to say.  Nice.  Typical me.  

So I have about maybe fifteen to thirty pages to finish in my second book.  Nice.  I've still got some stuff that I've gotta go back and tie down in order for the book to come together nicely but it's much better than the last one.

I've also got a bunch of stuff I want to do technically.  I'm really psyched to be starting the building process of my webpage again soon.  I've got so much work to do there.  PHP, Perl, setting up my Linux box, a couple CGIs, setting it up so that it can send text messages to cell phones.  I'll probably need to set up my own email server too and start looking into building out the mobile app.   It'll be very necessary.  

I'm looking forward to this work.   But I've still probably got until the end of this month to actually get what I need to get done which is this book.  It's really a big milestone for me.  I'll have written two books this year and be well into finishing my first real web project.  It should be cool.  I'm so stoked about it.  Then I've got to actually get some local businesses to partner with me or to figure out a model where I don't need them to partner with me.  Ach!  Or maybe a hybrid model.  But I want to create this site.  And then I want to create my next one. 

I graduated college relatively late in life.  I've only been out about a year now and I feel like if I had graduated when I was 21 like the rest of the world I'd definitely be a multi-millionaire by now.  But alas, I'm not so I'm starting pretty late.  But I feel like it's only a matter of time to tell the truth.  Not because I care about money.  I really don't. But I do care about creating things. And I think that if you create things of value to other people that's how the world rewards you. That's why I think most Wall Streeters lose their money one way or the other.  They never create anything of real value that gives to others so the universe won't give to them.  They have to fight like dogs to hold onto everything while people that actually truly really create things in order to give life and inspiration to others never really have to worry about going without because they never really cared about it in the first place.  Okay.  I'm going to watch the News Hour now.  Deuces.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour

Check it out.  It's awesome.

Loki

No comments:

Post a Comment