Saturday, November 19, 2011

Editing, the Next Steps, and a Girl

I have just completed my second novel.  Now, it's on to the editing.  Polishing a gem is just as important as finding it.  I'll leave it at that.  I don't feel spiritually allowed to talk about the process of writing.  DeNiro said that he and Brando talked about everything except acting.  

Marlon and I never talked about our performances in The Godfather. What was he going to say? We knew each other. I spent time on his island with him. But you don't talk about acting. You talk about anything but acting. I guess the admiration is unspoken.

Read more: Robert DeNiro - What I've Learned

I think that people, just like the God who created us, can breathe life into things.  Relationships have a life.  Just like babies they start off small and fragile.  They must be nurtured in the beginning and treated like the fragile objects that they are.  Over time they become more durable and can take the harder hits and are capable of more.  

Created things have a life.  But somethings are somehow destroyed by talking about them.   For me, right now, I don't feel the liberty to talk about the process and I like talking about everything.   But the process I don't feel free to talk about now.  Maybe later.  But a cool thing did happen last night.

I told someone I had just finished my first novel.  Then they said to me, "You're a writer."  It felt good.  I am a writer now.  I am a writer.  But now it is time to become a creator.  :D  A writer writes, but a creator can create pretty much anything.  I want to be a creator.  The next thing (after I'm done with editing) is to create GFM.  GFM will require:

1.    Plotting out the work flow -- how does the business work and how does GoForMe's
Technology layer facilitate this work flow.
2.    Programming the front end.
3.    Programming the PHP layer
4.    Programming the PERL layer
5.    Learning about Fedora
6.    Learning about Apache
7.    Setting up my server
8.    Learning about Magneto and eCommerce
9.    Setting up Magneto
11.  Learning deeper Magneto
12.  Setting up deeper Magneto
13.   Learning about iPhone Application building
14.   Building the iPhone App
15.   Learning about Android Application building
16.   Building the Android Application
17.   Learn about Gimp
18.   Learn about web design. 
19.   Make GFM intuitive.
20.   Design kick ass GFM logo
17.   Putting together an Action Plan
18.   Beta-ing it on the Upper East Side
18.   Beta-ing it on the Upper West Side
19.   Beta-ing it on Morningside Heights
20.  Rolling it out in Midtown quickly
21.  Rolling it out in all of Manhattan
22.  Build sick web following, have it explode, be on the cover of a couple New York based magazines
(At this point I can begin writing my third book on the side)
23.  Raise VC money from my heros, Max Levchin and Elon Musk.  
24.  Do 1,000,000 in revenue in the first year
25.  Do 25,000,000 in revenue in the second year
26.  Do 100,000,000 in revenue in my third year
27.  Do 1,000,000,000 in revenue in my fourth year.
28.  Have a valuation of 25 billion.
29.  Sell out for 10,000,000,000.  
30.  Chill.

Finally, the girl.  Her name is KS.  I can't share more than that.  This is the Internet.   To be honest I don't know where it's going.  

What do I know:

1.  She's sophisticated.  Her style is elegant, not just in the way she dresses but the way she carries herself.
2.  She's smart.  But she's not academically smart, though she did go to college and I'm sure she got good grades.  But she's not a propeller head the way other girls I've dated casually in the past are.  Yet she keeps my attention.
3.  She's attractive.
4.  She fits nicely in my life.  She just fits.  She would make a good wife and a great partner.  
5.  I'm not super attracted to her yet but I'm interested.  But I wasn't super attracted to Kathleen when I first met her either or Sarah.  They grew on me.  I think she will too.

Thinking of it, she is the exact same type as Kathleen.  Sophisticated, smart (but not a propeller head), in essence a trophy (though I think that's a degrading term but it does imply that she is something of high value and I can see why others would think that), and generally a good partner and wife.  Do I love her?  No.  Do I like her?  Yes.  Could I love her?  I don't know but I would think I could.  

This is the sort of new relationship that must be carefully nurtured.  I guess girls are right.  Girls always say that if you really liked them you would do certain things, you would pay attention to details to win them over.  They are right. 

Generally I am paying more attention to details in order to win in my life.  But specifically with her I am paying attention to the texts I send to make sure they strike the right tone, to the places I will be suggesting, to make sure that they both play to my advantages and protect the relationship while they are appropriate, and generally to the details to make sure that this relationship gets stronger.

I don't know where this is going.  But on the plus side I'll gain valuable experience.  If I win and it all works out I might have found at least an ally, at most someone of incredibly high value.

Big blog post today.  Big post.  Lots of things sorted out here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment