Monday, November 28, 2011

Two Wives

I have a problem.  I think I love two women.  One is pragmatic yet demanding, requiring a lot of attention and yet more reliable in her tangible benefit to me.

The other is more romantic, looks much finer on my arm, is more mercurial, but her prospects for the future are more unsure, she will require a higher investment, and yet I am sure that it would be wrong for me in a universal sense to leave her alone.  I could short change her but as for most things in this world you get back what you put out.  Woe is me for I am a man of standards.

Alas, I am in a devastating situation.  One I need and want.  The other I want and need.  In somethings we have a choice.  In fate we do not.  I will have to pursue both.  But my fear is that there will be none of me left for myself or for anyone else.

Life kills us with a bounty of blessings.  She is too kind and yet beautifully cruel at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment