Saturday, February 25, 2012

EY Resignation Letter

When you're hungry you ask how.  How do I provide?  When you're bored you ask what.  What am I going to do?  But EY provided me with the means so that I no longer had to ask how.  It provided me with activity so that I no longer needed to ask what.  Then the question became why.


Why is the most important question.  It can't be money (unless you were scarred by poverty).  It can't be about impressing others.  It has to be fundamental to who you are.  Answer why and what will appear and you'll create the how.


My personal hero is Elon Musk.  He created Space X and Tesla Motors.  I asked myself recently why is Elon Musk great.  The answer was jarringly simple.  It's because he bothered to ask himself why early, well before the what.


I asked myself why.  Why am I at EY?  The answer must be true in every way.   It was not.  Why forces a decision.  It is because of that question that I am leaving EY.


Those of you whom I do not see again I wish you in every way an excellent journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment