Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fired

I'm about to get fired.  I can feel it in the air.  Today I got rolled off of a project and I know that it was the last straw.  I'm about to get shit canned.  This is not a good feeling but for me to bury it would be doubly dangerous.  So I am here to 'talk' about it.  Talking about somethings with people is brutal but talking about it here is okay.  

I don't feel like I deserve it. But I knew it was coming.  I could just feel it.  Not because of people mind you but just kind of spiritually.  Like I had taken all I was going to learn here and now it was time for me to move on.  So I'm moving on.  

I feel strange but free.  I'm a bit worried but not too much.  I believe in spiritual signs.  As soon as I got to the train station I knew I would be okay.  I checked my Gmail and the first thing I saw was an email for PHP programmers with one year of experience.   I was really excited about that.  I saw it as a sign.  I think it is.  Right after I write this I'll send out my resume.  

As for GFM I have some SQL to write tonight, some code to debug.  I think what I'm going to do is hit my boss up for an investment of 20K.  If he says yes then I'll be able to work on GFM for the next 6 months non-stop.  If he says no (and I suspect he will) I'll end up working at this PHP shop sharpening my skills until I can launch GFM.  I think GFM is going to be a huge monster success.  I think I'll be able to help alot of people.  I'll be able to tell a lot of people I told you so.  But until then I'd better just get to work.  

I'm still reeling a little bit but it's to be expected.  Now it's on to the next project.  It doesn't feel good but this is a necessary step.  I have to launch GFM.  It's a part of my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment