Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wednesday

So tomorrow.  It's 12:33 am now and I should be going to bed soon if I can't find anything reasonable to watch.  I just can't do unfunny TV shows anymore nor can I do super serious either.  So this is what I'm doing while I'm thinking (which ironically is what I'm trying to avoid doing as I've been doing it all day).  


So tomorrow this is what I'm planning:



8.  Read 20 pages of Linux.
-- This should be first thing tomorrow.

Update 9:03 pm:

I finished this about an hour or so ago.  I was out on job interviews all day but I think I'm going to not work for the next two months and simply focus on building out this product.  It's coming together and if I can just keep going I'm confident that I'll be able to finish building it out completely.  But number 8 is done. 

9.  Get the Customer Order UI Built. 
-- This should be second thing tomorrow.


Update 9:05 pm:  Starting this now.  I wonder if I can get it to display in the next hour.  The HTML is built but let's see if I can quickly just get it to display.  Not wired at all.  Just display.  It displays.  10:03 pm.  I'm going to take 10 and then see if I can get it to display nicely.


Update 11:16 pm:  The UI is now complete.  I'm going to chill for a minute.  Then I should start at least reading some Linux.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But probably so.

10.  Read 30 pages out of Linux.
-- This should be the third thing.

Update 1:18 pm -- 2/16/2012:  This has now been read.  Now I've got to build the email functionality into the program.  I'm going to see if I can have this wiped out in three hours. 

10b.  Build the email functionality into the customer and courier forms.  It should in essence be one function or two slightly different but more than likely one with a string that says "CUST" and then the GUID, 32 characters in length, and an email address. 

Update 3:04 pm:  I just sent an email from a PHP script.  Now next is to send a hyperlink in the script with the 32 character GUID on it.  Nice.

Update 3:19: Hyperlink done.  Now onto the GUID.

Update 3:50: Email functionality that passes the GUID, email address, and category in a 
URL embedded in a sent email is done.  Wow.  I'm feeling good about myself.  Now let's wrap it in a function and test it from another program.

Update 3:59: She's alive.  Now it's time to put it in a separate program (remove it from the TestFile.php suite and move into adding the fields and programming the script to allow verification from a DB perspective.  Nice.


Update 12:33 am -- 2/17/2012: I did this.  It finally worked but it was funny.  I just think the AJAX took such a long time to return after doing all it's magic that perhaps I just didn't give it enough time in the first place.  Patience young grasshopper.  But I did learn about unit testing.  I tested each unit, true, but testing an entire system that works together is different from testing individual files.  I've built enough programs that were one file but this program is number in the tens of files now.  I'm sure by the time it's done it'll be at a lot more.  There's a logic to debugging that sort of thing.

 It should trigger a script that runs an update functionality and also a delete functionality on unnecessary rows in the DB.

Update 3:16 pm -- 2/17/2012: Done.  

Now I've got to build into the main page the load functionality that checks for cookies and automatically welcomes them to the page, asks them to confirm it's them, asks for a pw before they log in, and then let's them in.


I've also got to build the Customer functionality in for the email and the table updates.


Then the same functionality for the customer two bullet points ahead.  Then it's onto wiring the UI and building the back end tables.

-- This should be quick and dirty tomorrow.  Then it's onto 11 and 12 and 13.  The goal: try to watch the Knicks game tomorrow night.  Jeremy Lin and Amare.  Oh yeah.


11.  Wire the front end of the Customer Order UI.
-- Fourth.
Update 2/21/2012 -- Done.


12.  Build the back end tables for customer orders.
-- Fifth.

13.  Build functionality that doesn't allow for the same phone number to be input twice in the UI.  Uses AJAX to verify.

EOD Tomorrow.  

13. Finish Linux.


Done.

15.  Wire the PHP script for the data collection of the Customer Order UI.


Done.

17. Write the SQL statements for the inserts into the Customer Order UI and finish the PHP script.


Done.

18.  Read 100 pages in Apache.


Done.

18b.  Develop the fourth button or at least plan it.

19.  Read 100 pages in Apache.


Done.

20.  Read 100 pages in Apache.


~Finished.   Not necessary.  Reading the last eighty and then done.

21.  Read 50 pages in Apache.

22.  Read Bash Book


23a.  Send email from Perl or PHP for email confirmation.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3237468/validation-link-via-email
http://php.about.com/od/troubleshooting/f/php5_variableshtm


Done.

23.  Read Book on Google Maps API (read first 125 pages)


23b.  Read book on Objective C.

24.  Read a book on Apple iPhone Development

25.  Build the iPhone App.

26.  Read a book on Android App Development.

27.  Build the Android app.

No comments:

Post a Comment