Saturday, February 18, 2012

Today

1.   So today I plan to get that display bar at the top of the main screen working.  


Update 10:46 pm: Finished.

2.  I plan to wire the CUST functionality.

Update 1:03 am: Finished.  Nice.  Did it while watching TV but still.  Okay.  Bedtime.  Tomorrow it's wiring the third button.  That's a half a day task but I'll get it done.  Nice.  Go me.

3.  I plan to wire the third button.

4.  If possible I plan to wire the cell phone and email fields so that they can't have fields within them are all ready verified fields.  

Note to self:  I'll also have to include functionality that allows for password resets.


I really don't want to move forward with number 1.  But it's just because I haven't done it before and I don't really know CSS well.  Everything else I've done before and they work well. Okay.  Let's go.


My old boss was right.  I told him one time, "I don't like doing that."  He said, "You don't like it because you're not good at it."  He was absolutely right.  No one likes doing things they're not good at.   2-4 should be easy because I've done them all before.  I don't want to jinx it.  They could present unforeseen challenges.  But I have a good idea of what I'm getting into.  This however I don't.   But realistically it shouldn't be a big issue.  It's just a white bar across the top and a div with some green text and a AJAX call.  No biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment