Monday, December 5, 2011

Don't Live By Their Rules. Live By Your Own.

As of late I've been discovering somethings.  Lately I've been doing a lot of discovering and re-discovering.  I guess that's part of the path to enlightenment.  This is what I've discovered today.

I was writing L&M and I was thinking about this article I read from Madeline Buston, an agent at Lee Child's agency, and she put this rule on her website about having a mini-drama every five pages.  I worked really hard a week ago to put that into effect.  However, after being in my present self I looked at what I had written.  It was balance, beautiful, interesting, and most importantly, it was true to myself.  I liked it.  I liked it a lot.  Then I decided something.  Writing, like life, is about perfecting your voice.  It's about everyday while giving reverence and respect to God, about becoming your perfect self (which I feel is impossible without God).  In order to be that perfect self it becomes about truly becoming in tune with the voice within, the voice which tells you what's right and what's wrong.  It's almost like the voice that will lead you into the light.  It's the path.   

I can't follow their rules.  I must listen to that voice and follow my own.  L&M is L&M the way it is.  It is pure.  It is what I give from me to you.  There is gray, black, white, yellow, blue, purple, and brown.  It was given to me from the universe, from God, to give to you.  It wasn't given to others to be shaped by them, but rather was given to me to me to steward.  Just like the vision for your life was given to you for you to shepherd.  Therefore I guard mine, just as you should guard yours, openly but vigilantly.  


The vision for my life, just as for yours, can't be lived by the rules of others, whether they be Mrs. Buston or your parents, or your boss, or mentor, or anyone else.  It is up to me and to you to as Paul said "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."  I think what he may have been trying to say was to work out your own path, your own principles by which you live your life.  I'm sorry Mrs. Buston.  I can not write the way anyone says.  I am guided by the key of my own soul.


As in everything I am guided by the key of my own soul.

Ahhh.  Happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment