Sunday, December 4, 2011

Leaving on the Next Plane

Ever since I was a child I wanted to be an entrepreneur.  Now more than ever I know that I have to leave my corporate job.  


In corporate America it is required that you use corporate speak.  Problem becomes challenge.  Issue becomes opportunity.  You learn to stifle your opinions and to filter what you say through some conservatively socially acceptable filter by which your thoughts, indeed your very soul, go into an iron maiden.  I don't want that to happen to me but I fear it is happening. 


I don't buy into the corporate climb and I know I am leaving but an entrepreneur needs a point of view, needs a brashness, a me against the world feel.  Thankfully for me because I know that at some point in the near future I'm leaving my firm I can not invest in the climb and the image building, etc, the mechanisms of the maiden.  But rather I can preserve myself, giving them a little bit, and in the meantime nurturing my own point of view to the point that when I go I'll be able to shape my firm(s) with my own stamp, my own personality, imbuing them with the values I hold dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment