Friday, December 30, 2011

No Progress: Part 2

Today I realized that my no progress was a lot of progress as is usually the case.

Frederick Douglass said "Without struggle there is no progress."  But the flipside of that statement is that with the correct struggle progress is very probable.  

Over the last day or two I was trying to figure out how to get Aptana to interpret my PHP scripts.  Finally after trolling the discussion boards, asking questions, and other such I got to the root of the problem.  The problem is that I did not have a web server installed and that PHP was not installed either.  I had an editor.  I needed an interpreter which usually requires a web server.  


Most people would be angry or disappointed.  But I was and still am quite excited.  I feel as though I have just made a discovery which is equivalent to jet packs being strapped to both of my feet.  My journey is forcing me to learn about the nuiances of Apache, Linux, and PHP, not to mention Magneto and other technologies.  

I feel as though soon enough I will be working for a firm where I am simply honing these skills constantly and breathing them into my own projects.  My feet are on the path and my learning will only pick up.  


The next steps are to continue working on the technical aspects and then to turn my full attention to learning about Linux and Apache and writing in order to add to my media business.  


During the learning process I have an ability to also write.  I will leverage that and learn technically and write creatively at the same time.  


I am a man of purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment