Friday, December 2, 2011

Spiritual Hunger

Sometimes I feel a little emptiness inside, a little space in my soul.  Often I feel like it might just be me being hungry but this morning (it's 2:30 am EST) it's so quiet that I can actually hear my own soul.  This hunger wasn't physical.  It was spiritual.  I read the Bible and somehow instantly my soul felt better.  That emptiness, that slice of darkness, went away.  I looked in the mirror as I believe the eyes are truly the windows to the soul and just like that my eyes were somehow fuller, more at peace.  All I can say is praise be to God and thanks for Your Son Jesus Christ.  Amen.


BTW: What did I learn.  I read Philippians Chapter 2.  There were three sections and I learned two things for sure. The third I'll have to think about.


1.  Paul espouses people in the church to value each other more than themselves and to serve one another, doing nothing out of ambition but rather in the spirit of service to each other.


2.  Paul also tells people in the church never to grumble or argue so that we as Christians may shine among the people as stars.  It's in service to the name of Christ which we represent that we should not grumble or argue so that we can stand apart.


I am amazed at how much better I feel now that I have read the Word.  My soul truly feels more whole, more at ease, more fulfilled, just more.  Spiritual hunger is real and if I am to grow into the man that I want to be, that God desires for me to be, then it is up to me not only to eat once a week when I'm at church but to eat everyday, gaining the strength to walk this walk daily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment