Monday, December 19, 2011

Task List

My consulting skills are more useful than I know.  Instead of going about my work haphazardly with no possible end in sight what I've done is applied what I learned at EY to my task. I simply went about my work in a consulting way.  

I mapped out the workflows and the technical flows and printed screen shots of all of my progress up to this point and tied them to the flows that I built.  Now I'm using that to build out a task list of all the work required.  The reason why I'm writing this blog post is this task list.  Damn!

This task list is big and it's only getting bigger.  I started writing it up and it's at 13 items and I'm only on page three (end of page two actually).  I'm hungry so I'm going to eat lunch now.  But wow.  But at the same time it is manageable only because I managed it.  Now I realize that in order to make continual progress I will have to implement daily learning, i.e. Linux Fedora and Apache into my day-to-day work.  

I've got so much work to do but as the founder of Dogfish Ales said in an interview on Bloomberg TV, "I'm grateful for the weight of my rucksack."  

No comments:

Post a Comment