Sunday, December 18, 2011

No Traffic. Now What's Next?

I know most bloggers want traffic.  But I am very happy that I truly do not have any.  I have no web traffic at all and I hope it stays that way for the foreseeable future.  This is a way that I can get my thoughts out and still be safe.  It's funny.  In the vast world of the WWW I can speak and no one is paying any attention.  I'm writing a journal in plain site and no one cares because I don't care to promote it.  It's pretty great if you think about it.

Now, onto my work.  So today I installed a Fedora virtual box onto my desktop.  Next, I'm looking to install one onto my laptop.  I also put together all the workflows and diagrams for the next steps in the UI build out for the GFM system.  But what's next?

1.  Build out a task list.
2.  Watch 3 more videos on Linux.
3.  Build out the remaining UI screens for GFM.
4.  Test all UI screens and make sure they work appropriately.
5.  Build back end DB and store all information.
6.  Install PHP and MySQL information on all computers including DBs and Aptana.
7.  Build out PHP backends.
8.  Work through 100 pages in Linux Fedora book.
9.  Work through 100 pages in Linux Fedora book.
10.  Work through 100 pages in Linux Fedora book.
11.  Work through 100 pages in Apache book.
12.  Work through 100 pages in Apache book.
13.  Work through 100 pages in Apache book.
14.  Seed through the work-reading materials tasks for GFM, i.e. building out GIMP buttons, putting site on a externally facing PW protected site, build in CGI work in PERL.  By the end of the Apache text I should be able to post the entire site online.  


Wait, I'll have to learn Magneto as well.


15.  Work through Magneto 1 Book
16.  Work through Magneto 2 Book
17.  Work through Magneto 3 Book


I should have also set up a webserver by this time where I can test all the Magneto functionality.  


18.  Take iPhone development course.
19.  Map out iPhone App.
20.  Take an Android development course.
21.  Map out Android App.
22.  Publish both apps to App store and build a business plan around system build.


Whether this project works or not the point of it is to be able to build something and the technology build out from this.  If it turns into a fantastic business great.  If it does not then that is great too.  I'll be able to turn the skills I learned from this into another project.


"If it doesn't start out by growing fast chances are it never will.  Waiting is not a solution." 


-- SQ



No comments:

Post a Comment