Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today and the End of the Year

There are some things that I must do before the year ends:

Work

1.  This chartfield analysis (Doing now.  Making me nauseous.) -- (Done.)
2.  Think through the calculations analysis (Done)


Other Obligations:


1.  Federico's Work (Done!  I did this in twenty minutes and made a couple hundred bucks.)


My Personal Work

1.  Edit 20 pages. (Done)
2.  Finish 6 UI Interfaces
3.  Watch 6 Videos about Linux
4.  Finish 6 more UI Interfaces


I really can't wait for the upcoming week.  I want to focus on my personal work as I know what I'm supposed to be doing.  Last night I went to a company dinner.  It was not a good experience.  It wasn't a good experience not because it was so terrible in and of itself though I did have someone from my group go a little too hard at me.  

Sometimes when I endure slights at work I take comfortable refuge in the fact that I'll be leaving sometime soon.  I'll be leaving soon not only because I want to leave but because I have to go.  I have people to help, people to save and therefore I have work, my work, to do.  I take solace in it like a prisoner who will be escaping soon.  It gives him a new found ability to endure the slights and abuses from the system with a smirk, knowing that his exodus cometh.  

But rather it was also informative and something that I couldn't wholly understand.  I sat and watched everyone stomach a guy, who was wholly boring, an uninteresting kid in high school and still living with the insecurities from it, who had grown into a man of some power.  However, he was uninteresting and because of this he wanted to lord it over other people that he was now the man.  He enjoyed playing king and speaking at his table to the exclusion of others.   People clamored to give him space and make way.  I laughed at it internally and even somewhat externally.  It seemed terribly humorous and also sad.  


It was sad because these people had somehow abdicated their own power to someone else.  They had given up on the idea of their own vision for their lives and contented themselves with this servile role.  I heard very little original thought in any conversation and now that I think on it it is this point that incenses me the most.  Why are people not thinking originally?  Or if they are why are they not willing to demonstrate it?  Innovation grows out of original thought.  Steve Jobs said it best.  Think different.  


Think different.


Think different.


Think different.


There was no thinking different.  It was group think.  Group social mannerisms.  Group everything.  No one even seemed to have a vision for their lives.  


Maybe Steve Jobs was right.  He mentioned the idea of the Uber Mensch and that he was one.  One to which the rules did not apply but rather one who bent society to his or her will and others followed that path.  I believe I am an uber mensch.  I am here to set the vision and design large bore solutions.  But the most important thing is that none of this is for me.  But it is in the service to the society, to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment