Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rhythm

I was having a bit of a rough time editing L&M the other night.  It was rough because it's like having a tough day at work and then going back in the next day dreading it because you think it's going to be such a tough task again.  But actually how today usually has no real connection to how yesterday was.  Each day seems to fall of it's own accord.  


Well, that's how it was for this particular editing session.  However, I got to it and surely the next twenty pages were much easier to edit, really not requiring much re-working.  But funny enough I just got offered my first paid work in writing today.  


It came through my sister.  Her boyfriend's family need someone to rewrite the text for their website and my sister suggested me.  I don't think there is anything here that will significantly help me in my writing career but I do know this.  This is a small opportunity, a shoot of grass, first fruits, being offered to me by the universe in response to all the work I've done with writing.  I know that if I say yes to this it will allow more paid writing work to flow toward me.  


There will be challenges.  There always are, but the Bible says "Whatever a man sow that also shall he reap."  This text is often used to reference ill but it also applies to good.  In this sense I have sown a respectable amount of work in writing.   Now I am reaping the first fruits of my reward.  Thank God.  Thank God.  And thank God. 


I am eager to see what else the future will hold, very eager.

No comments:

Post a Comment