Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mental Fitness

Tonight I decided not to do two things.  


First, I decided not to go out drinking.  Alcohol, like most objects, is a tool.  It is a tool to relieve stress.  God has seen fit to give me a body that really does not require much maintenance.  However it does require me not to abuse it.  In order to prevent abuse I should only really use alcohol when the amount of stress on my system is overwhelming.  Otherwise I should leave it alone.  I have done so tonight.


Second, I decided not to watch any streaming video tonight.  I have found that watching television for hours seems to numb my brain in it's frontal lobes, deadening it somewhat, sort of like a sleeping foot.  Since I am a cerebral being by nature this is the equivalent of being temporarily disabled.  I don't like it so therefore I didn't do it.  


Rather I chose to read tonight.  I am reading and learning and feel as though my comprehension skills are increasing and my mental dexterity is being served.  I must be careful with how much non-active stimulus (television, movies, even I gather plays to some extent) I introduce into my mind.  I am more suited to interactive stimulus (reading, writing, programming, learning) and of these positive activities I can have as much of as I like.  

No comments:

Post a Comment