Friday, December 2, 2011

Writing Music

I'm sitting here coding for work.  Yes, it's in a rudimentary not very exciting application which I'm embarrassed to mention.  Yet it's pretty great.  I have become truly proficient with this rudimentary form of programming and I must say that I am happy about it.  

In high school I used to enjoy simply doing math and listening to music at the same time. It was almost as if when I was doing math I was writing music.  I felt truly at peace, zen.  Now that I am writing code and listening to music and I am past the struggle stage of writing code but am simply and fluidly creating I must say that I feel the same way.  

This feeling of zen is really enjoyable.  I wonder will I ever feel this way about writing books?  Will I ever get this fluid.  Perhaps.  But I do know one thing.  I will not deviate (with God's blessing) from the plan.  I will continue to write and to write code.  But I don't know.  If dancing with one woman feels so right why would I want to dance with anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment